Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Indoor Home Improvements this Summer

If cousin Bri is reading this, I loved the idea you had on your blog, so I used it in our downstairs craft room. I nailed some ribbon to the wall and used clothes pins to display Livi & Nora's paintings.
We hung a hodge-podge of framed pictures of the kids and them with their friends in our upstairs loft (toy room)
I found wooden names (already made) of all 5 of our names (how lucky was that!) at Brown County a while ago and now they finally have a home on the wall next to the loft window.
We hung beach scene pictures from our trip to Florida on the wall upstairs between our bedroom and the bathroom.
In Olivia's bedroom, we hung baseball pieces on the wall above her bookcase.
I organized all of the girls' baby keepsakes (ultrasound pictures, first bandaids, hospital bracelets and other keepsakes) in a single 3-drawer unit and labeled each drawer with their name, birthdate, birth weight, and time of birth.
We organized our loft room toys into 2 storage units and I labeled each cube with words and pictures so that the girls could put everything in its place after playing.
It looks SO much cleaner up there!
And finally, I made bedroom labels for each of girls' rooms out of cardboard squares and scrapbooking paper.


And here are some cute close ups of the girls today!


I love summer!

1 comment:

Jade said...

can you please come to my house and do all of that???