Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fun Weekend!

Last night we were all invited to Granny & Poppie's for a Fall Party and a costume contest. Olivia was a vampiress...
Nora was a baby...
and Tess was a Colts cheerleader.
Granny & Poppie rented a pretty awesomely scary bounce-house!
And in addition to cousins Luc, Connor, Andrew, and Makenna, our friends the Williams were invited to join in on all the fun!



So when it was time for the costume contest, Drew was a pretty cute little ninja.
And although we thought baby Garrett might have had the contest in-the-bag with his adorable little duck costume,
when Connor arrived he stole the show with the winning costume...."a girl!" :)
Before we left yesterday morning, I went upstairs to take a shower, and when I came downstairs I found the girls all cuddled up on my recliner like this:
I love it when they find a few moments when they all want to do the same thing at the same time and just enjoy each other's company! (It's just not in the cards that it can happen this way ALL day!)
We got 2 of the girls' school pictures back this week. Nora and Olivia look sooooo big!

Today (Sunday) was a beautiful day! Daddy and I got to sleep in and go out to Cracker Barrell for breakfast (thanks to Granny for keeping the girls overnight for us!!!), then we stopped by Menards and let the girls pick a new paint color for the swingset. We gave them and the neighbor kids some paint brushes,
and walla! The weather today was beautiful! Terry and the girls enjoyed it. I wish I had taken the time to sit outside for a while. I spent the day cleaning and organizing the house.
#1: I created a game for Nora (I called "Addition Blaster") and one for Olivia (called "Multiplication Blaster"). I put 2 die in a short plastic container. They roll their die and either add or multiply the #s and then "blast" (cross off) their answer!


#2: I created a number line with a paint stick, rectangle stickers, and a clothes pin (to help Nora learn how to count-on to add 2 numbers).
And for their snack today, I sliced up some apples for the girls, cored them, smeared them with peanut butter, and sprinkled oats, nuts, and chocolate chips on them. They were a hit!
I am so anxious to make more of the crafts and snacks that I have found on pinterest. It is rather addictive! Speaking of being crafty, Granny traditionally has always been the one to make the girls their "potty charts". Here is her latest creation for Tessa!
Now, if I could just get her to actually GO potty on the potty..... :)

No comments: